Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creative Woman in the Spotlight

As promised, I am happy to begin my series on Creative Women in Business.  Please help me welcome my first incredibly talented guest!



Please tell us a little about yourself. Who are you, where are you from, and what do you do? My name is Melinda Tamm, and I am the owner and main instructor of Ms. Melinda’s Dance Studio. I reside with my husband here in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

What is your creative passion, and why? I love to choreograph and develop dances for all ages. This has been my passion for years. I enjoy the challenge to create stories and an outlet to express emotion through movement. Most of all I love to see the dancers' sense of accomplishment when they perform the dances.

What inspires you? Day to day encounters, the media and personal stories and emotions.

Any advice for the novice just starting out? To never give up, the hard day only will become harder before it becomes easier.

Favorite quote? “Live today for today, because yesterday is in the past, tomorrow may not come, but today is a present.”

What song has been running through your head all day? Sister Christian

For what things would you like to be remembered? For having a big heart, for helping others find their own dreams, and most of all living life to the fullest.

Any other burning issues you are dying to tell us about? I really hope that in the near future we will not have to fight to save the arts in the schools. This is something all children should be able to experience.

Find out more about Ms. Melinda's Dance Studio, an awesome example of what can happen when you follow your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment